Machine lEarning and Operations Research (MEmORy) Lab
The MEmORy Lab is in the College of Computer Science and Technology at the Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
Its aim is developing automated approaches for solving all kinds of computational search problems both from academia and industry, utilizing:
Automated Algorithm Design, Machine Learning, Data Science / Analytics, Operations Research, Evolutionary Algorithms, Computational Intelligence, Meta/Hyper-heuristics, Adaptive/Reactive/Autonomous Search, Algorithm Portfolios (Selection), Algorithm Configuration (Tuning + Control), Meta-learning, Empirical Algorithmics, Design of Experiments, Recommender Systems (Collaborative Filtering), Boolean Satisability, Constraint Programming, Combinatorial Optimisation, Data Mining (Knowledge Discovery), Expert Systems, Decision Support Systems
- Looking for under/-graduate students to work on several research projects. Please contact. (招收2018级计算机科学硕士研究生，研究方向为机器学习，算法设计，数据科学，运算研究。有兴趣的同学与我联系 mmisir [at] nuaa.edu.cn)
- Having a stream on Hyper-heuristics in the 30th European Conference on Operational Research (EURO 2019), Dublin/Ireland, 06/2019
- Organizing an invited session on Automated Algorithm Design in the 25th International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM 2019), Istanbul/Turkey, 06/2019
- Dr. Yi Mei from the School of Engineering and Computer Science, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand visited our group, 12/2018
- Mustafa Misir won 2-years TUBITAK 2232 Reintegration Fellowship grant on Automated Algorithm Design, 08/2018
- Organized a stream on Hyper-heuristics in the 29th European Conference on Operational Research (EURO 2018), Valencia/Spain, 07/2018
- Mustafa Misir visited the CODeS research group at KU Leuven, Belgium, 03/2018
- Mustafa Misir presented a keynote talk on Automated Algorithm Design in the 5th International Conference on Information Science and Cloud Computing (ISCC), Guangzhou/China, 12/2017
- Mustafa Misir delivered a tutorial on Algorithm Selection in SEAL 2017, Shenzen/China, 11/2017
- Organizing a special session on Algorithm Algorithm Design in the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Ensemble Learning (CIEL), Hawaii/USA, 11-12/2017
- Mustafa Misir gave a keynote talk titled Algorithm Selection: Offline + Online Techniques in the 7th International Conference on Computer Engineering and NEtworks (CENet), Shanghai/China, 07/2017
- Another paper, "Simulated Annealing with a Time-slot Heuristic for Ready-mix Concrete Delivery", got into the SEAL 2017, Shenzen/China, 07/2017.
- The same paper from DSO was also accepted to the 11th International Conference on Simulated Evolution and Learning (SEAL), Shenzen/China, 07/2017.
- Mustafa Misir visited the ASAP research group at University of Nottingham, UK, 05-06/2017
- A problem analysis paper titled "Matrix Factorization based Benchmark Set Analysis: a Case Study on HyFlex" was accepted in the Workshop on Data Science meets Optimisation (DSO), Donostia - San Sebastian/Spain, 04/2017.
- Another algorithm selection paper called "Data Sampling through Collaborative Filtering for Algorithm Selection" was accepted in the 16th IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Donostia - San Sebastian/Spain, 03/2017.
- A new paper on our web-based tool "ADVISER+: Toward a Usable Web-based Algorithm Portfolio Deviser" was accepted in the 12th Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC), Barcelona/Spain, 03/2017.
- Our joint "A Case Study of Algorithm Selection for the Traveling Thief Problem" paper was accepted in the Journal of Heuristics (Springer), IF: 1.344, 03/2017.
- Our paper titled "ALORS: an Algorithm Recommender System" was published in the Artificial Intelligence Journal (Elsevier), IF: 3.333, 03/2017.
- A new, up-to-date Hyper-heuristic Bibliography is online